Pastoral Care and Education is a non-revenue producing department in the health system and receives no outside funding to cover costs of staff, offices, resident stipends, and student expenses. Generous gifts to promote sustaining a future presence of pastoral ministries are always welcome. Immediately important are donated funds that are used for student scholarships, assistance for international students, and varieties of expenses associated with providing this unique educational experience. You may donate gifts for immediate usage, donate to one of the endowments described below, or contact the Foundation to arrange a new endowment in honor of a special person or toward a specific usage.
- Lamb Family Endowment – Supports the hospital chaplains.
- Edgar and Melvyne Cooper Endowment – Supports Clinical Pastoral Education program for training hospital chaplains.
- Sheldon B. Boney Endowment - Provides scholarships for students in Baptist Health’s hospital chaplaincy program.
- Beaches Pastoral Care Endowment - Provides chaplaincy training and learning opportunities for medical staff and community leaders.
- Jim Mayo Chaplaincy Endowment - Provides chaplaincy training and learning opportunities for medical staff and community leaders.
- Mary Virginia Faulkner Pastoral Care Endowment - Supports pastoral care and clinical pastoral education at Baptist South